Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Creating A New Garden Path


I cannot believe that it has been 5 months since my last post. Sorry about that. I have been very busy building my gardening website.

One of our spring projects was to create a new garden path. Originally, (4 years ago) we had planted 2 spruce trees on our center garden mound. The 2 trees have grown very quickly and ergo, we needed to move one of them, which we did last weekend. More on that later.

Now that the tree was moved, we dug and moved the earth to get ready to lay down the fabric landscape material. Once the fabric was down we dumped yards of red cedar bark chips along the newly created path. We edged the new path with limestone, which finished the look.




I am quite pleased with the outcome. By moving the large spruce, it actually opened up the view of the ponds from our house view advantage. I am always surprised at how quickly our project come together.

I still have a shrub or two to plant, but I'll wait for the mid summer sales.

Good job, Jim!!

No comments:

Post a Comment