Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The First Winnipeg Snowfall

Image of smaller pond covered with snow!
WOW! What a difference a day makes! On November 18th (image seen in my last post), the grass was so green and the taller perennial grasses were swaying in the wind. On November 19th, the first mini snowstorm hit us. A few inches of the white stuff fell on the city and winter is here to stay.

Today is November 24th and we are about to expereince our second mini snowstorm. The weatherman is calling for another few inches of snow and blowing in open areas.

As the temperature drops, my ponds freeze and I am hoping to get out the old skates and start some winter exercising. I don't ski or snowboard (way too old for that) so skating it is. When I was little, skating was the only winter activity affordable to my parents. My sister and I were lucky to always have a pair of skates.

Soon the seed catalogues will arrive in the mail and I will begin to dream of my 2011 flower gardens...

No comments:

Post a Comment